Friday, September 10, 2010

A long time comin'

So 4 months almost to the day, eh? Been a looooong time; I am back with something though! Been quite a varied 4 months, got my first taste of some freelance work among other things. I learned quite alot and I've been trying to apply those things I learned to my personal work. I HAVE been doing personal art the last 4 months (observational and sketchbook work as usual, as well as working my way through Preston Blair bit by bit) I've just been quite lazy on scanning (plus I figure gestures and studies get boring to look at... not that that doesn't mean I shouldn't dump em all on here every once in a while). ALL GONNA CHANGE THOUGH, got some sketchbook drawings as well as two things I've done in Flash.

Now, assuming you aren't reading this in an RSS reader, you've likely noticed the new BG and banner. I don't have a blue shirt with a fist on it, that grey-brown of pants, nor am I that round in face or smug in expression (and I'm almost positive that sort of swirl in the BG has been done many, many times), but I was pretty happy with it. I'll post up the image by itself shortly.

ENOUGH TALK, TO THE WORK..!



This little grey guy with the glowy eyes is a robot I made in Flash. The thing with him, however, is that he is made up of symbols within Flash and I plan to animate him sooon. Figure it's good practice animating with symbols and it'll be nice seeing what I can do with em.


And the BG image. I kinda like the fast render version in Flash, might export that and put it up later.

MORE TO COME. Also, sorry I apologize if anything is difficult to read, still working out which colors work with this set up.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the background! The colours are super cool! :D
    (The only thing that I can't quite see is the column with your followers and stuff in it when it scrolls over "your" hand, but once it scrolls by it's fine)
    Also, that robot is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKIN' GOOD GURL, LOOKIN' GOOD!

    can't wait to see that robot movin' c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Thank you guys! :)

    And thanks much for the feedback on the colors Morgan, definitely gonna tweak those and the layout a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete